The Department of Procurement of FCDA was established on 18th July, 2008 in line with the 2007 Procurement Act and the directive of the Federal Government to that effect. The Department is overseen by QS Salimonu Rasheed who is the Deputy Director, and has three Divisions namely:-
- Capital Procurement
- Recurrent Procurement
Scope of Operation
The function and scope of operation of the Department as dictated by the Procurement Act include the following:
- To process all Procurement from all Departments of FCDA
- To liaise with the Procuring Department in the preparation of Procurement plans and together manage, implement and monitor the execution of all approved Procurements.
- To vet all bid documents and advertisements for pre-qualification for all planned procurements and thereafter processes same up to award stages.
- To organise Procurement Planning Committee meetings to certify procurements before processing to Tender Board/FEC. The Committee also certifies payments for all projects.
- To prepare submissions for the Bureau of Public Procurement for the certification of projects over 1 Billion thresholds.
- To vet contract documents to ensure that parties Rights and obligations are well captured to minimize post contract administration problems.
- To Monitor on-going projects to ensure that they are being executed in line with the contract documents. - To co-ordinate the progress, problems and payments of all on-going projects.