Engr. U. G. Jibrin, FNSE,FNIEE, OON
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY, FCDA
Engr. Umar Gambo Jibrin, was born in Kontagora, Niger State. He attended primary school at Kantagora/ Rijau and his secondary school Education was at the prestigious Government College, Bida.
A disciplined Nigerian, Engr. Jibrin- started his pupilage in Engineering with the Owo Local Government Works Department in Ondo State, where he participated in the compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) after obtaining a HND in Civil Engineering from Kaduna Polytechnic in 1983. He actively did the Primary Assignment by working on some Township Roads and Drainage Rehabilitations, Rural Hospital and Market Projects among others.
On completion of the National Youth Service Scheme, he was engaged as a site supervisor by a Private Construction Company, Sumoh Nigeria Limited in Kaduna.Earlier in a bit to widen his life horizon, Engr. Jibrin attended and graduated from the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Water Resources and Environmental Engineering) in 1994.
Engr. Jibrin got employment with the Federal Capital Development Authority, Abuja in July 1985 where he resumed at the Department of Civil Engineering Services, Water and Sewage Division. In 2009, he was the Pioneer Director in the Department of Mass Housing/PPP from where he rose to become the current Executive Secretary, FCDA.
• Executive Secretary, FCDA — April 2017 — Date
• Pioneer Director, Mass Housing/ PPP-2009-2017.
• Ag. Director, Mass Housing/ PPP-2008-2009.
• Deputy Director (Special Projects) — 2005-2007.
• Assistant Director (Special Duties) —2003— 2004.
• Design & Supervision of various Water Projects — 1988 —2002.
• Site Engineer of Maitama District Infrastructure Project-1987-1988.
• ACRE Usuma Resettlement Town Project— 1985-1986.
• Site Engineer, Sumoh (Nig.) Ltd, Kaduna; - 1984-1985.
• NYSC-Works Dept.;,0wo Local Govt., 0Wo —1983-1984.
• Co-ordinator all Public Private Partnership Projects for FCDA as a PPP Specialist since 2008 to date.
Engr. Umar GamboJibrin is a devout Muslim and a Family man and is a member of many Professional Bodies with Honours and Awards.
• National Honours Award, Officer of the Order of the Niger (00N).
• Nigerian Society of Engineers Special Presidential Merit Award.
• Nigeria Society of Engineers, Kano Branch, Distinguished Merit Award.
• Nigerian Society of Engineers, Abuja Branch Chairman's Merit Award.
• Nigerian Society Engineer, Presidential Merit Award.
• Fellow, Nigerian Society of Engineers.
• Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
• Fellow, Nigerian Institution of Environmental Engineers.
• Fellow, Nigerian Administration of Public Administrators.
• Fellow, Nigerian Institute of Corporate Administrators.
• Member, Board of Trustee — Nigerian Society of Engineers.
• Member of Board, NSE Ventures Ltd.
• Past Chairman, Nigerian Society of Engineers, Abuja Branch.
• Past Chief Examiner, Nigerian Society of Engineers, Abuja Centre.
• Past Chief Inspector, COREN-ERM, Abuja.
• Ambassador of Peace Award.